Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Small Socks.....take 2

Okay, I still haven't fixed the smaller sock that I made for Charlie....and I haven't started on the second sock for Charlie, but guess what? While I was cleaning and emptying more boxes downstairs I found a sock...that I don't remember knitting, but obviously I did because it's the companion to Lola's sock that I thought I hadn't knitted a companion to. At first I thought it was the original, but then I saw that it was clean. after staring at it in wonder for about ten minutes I went in search of the original and found that this was indeed the sock partner. During my ten minutes of duh I remembered knitting it and now I can't say that I've never knitted a pair of socks.....because I have.....even when I thought I hadn't.
I was lucky and got my shipment of Tahki and Kidsilk for the createalong. After fiddling with the Kidsilk I had only one word for it, and it was a long word......ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Does the madness never end?! I did finally get the hang of it once I got it started, but still. Such....tiny.....string.......blag! I realized that I coudn't make up my mind on how to use it on the dress so I would just omit it for now. An idea may come to me later, but I have a feeling it's going to require smaller needles that I will have to purchase. Size 4's seem to work good, but I think 3's would be even better and I would prefer circulars instead of the long straight needles that I have in those sizes (Mom, I think my 3 circulars are with you).
Either way, I'm hoping to have the dress done in time for Easter. It's pink (so very pink *shudders*) so I think it will make a good Easter dress although I think the hubby has designs to buy her one anyways. He can buy Charlie something......or maybe I'll make him a kickin' new vest to wear over his white, shortsleeved, button down shirt.

No comments: