Friday, March 23, 2007

Ghosts

I never thought that you could get so sick from being in a warm climate. They say that cold doesn't bring on illness and I have to agree. I just spent a month sick from a cold and a stomach virus that seemed to not want to leave. My kids also got this charming little bug. Once it was done I thought we were safe, but no. Now Lola has a fever that started yesterday. Charlie seemed like he was getting the same a few days earlier, but I think he may have shook it off and sent it packing.
Sick days are good days to knit (especially if I'm not the one sick). The kids sit around watching videos and sleeping and I get a chance to work on projects that have to sit on the sidelines on busier days. I'm still mulling over what to do for my create-a-long. I'm still working on the ruffle which is not surprising since there are 272 sts until I get to the tenth row and start decreasing to make the ruffle. And that's just one side.....*sigh* That and I got the exact same color in Tahki that I had in my stash. The same pink that I was getting sick of looking at. I really want to get it done before Easter, but my complete lack of motivation to work on it makes me wonder if I will reach my goal.
I had to get a blood test today. Ugh! I'm a hard stick and always leave with more then one hole in my arm.....hand....wrist. I have a beautiful bruised bump on my hand that burns and hurts because they blew the vein at the last second of drawing. At least they got it.
I had a dream about flying last night. Dreams are the one reason why I can never take a sleeping pill. I tried it so I could get a good nights sleep, but it gave me a hangover and I didn't dream. I have a dream every night. Usually more then one and I can't imagine not having one, but then getting sleep is important too....I suppose. I love dreams about flying. But why are you unable to take off again after you land? It's maddening. Sometimes I have dreams that wind up happening and that's kind of weird at times. In fact the other night I was at Amanda's and we were sitting on her front porch so she could have a smoke. I suddenly realized that I had done this before....kind of like deja vu.....except I knew that I had had a dream about sitting there with her while she smoked a few months earlier. Sometimes people walk up to me in a dream and say "such and such is going to happen" and then it will.....usually the next day. Maybe I only notice it when it does happen or maybe it's a gift....I don't know. I'm skeptical when it comes to things like that. People in the neighborhood think that the houses here are haunted because it was built over a site where they dumped the bodies during World War 2. If you think about it though, every house is built over a site where someone died. There are things that happen that are kind of weird. You hear groans downstairs....hubby said it sounds like the Grudge. We usually shrug our shoulders and go back to doing what we were doing. Sometimes at night I hear something loud bang and then when I go looking to find what fell I can't find anything. I have personally witnessed the television turn off and then ten minutes later turn back on by itself. Hubby was standing there talking to me when it did. THAT did cause us to pause and wonder. I also saw something fly from the back of the top of my armoire onto the floor. But then we got a cat and I just blame it all on her now. Anything weird....things moving or noises.....Oh the cat did it. I also figure as long as we're not physically harmed or see a disembodied floating head.....then everything is alright.

No comments: