Sunday, March 25, 2007

Frustration

Frustration is setting in. For several different reasons. First on the list is my Create-a-long project. After doing eleven rows containing two hundred and seventy two stitches each...I messed up. The last thing that I wanted to do at that point was to have to frog a row and put every single stitch back on. That and I'm completely sick of the pink that I got. I'll just have to suck it up and work on it because Easter is quickly approaching. After throwing it to the side in disgust, I did what I said I wasn't going to do and, I started a project with the Calmer. I'm making Lola a Cleeves from the Knity website. She's been running around wearing Charlie's Peter Pan pants on her arms trying to stay warm so I thought the Cleeves would be perfect and I was sure that I could eek one out of two balls of Calmer (in Tinkerbell too.....there's an irony in there).
The second is the playground. They tore it down more then a month ago and the new playground has been sitting out there in boxes since then. They are making very slow progress on it. They have managed to put in two new slides on the smaller playgrounds. The problem with the smaller playgrounds is that they are made from metal and in this heat that equals burns. I know because we have tried playing on the other playgrounds in the absence of the main playground. The other thing is that they are also working on the basketball court which is right next to the playground....so no one can play basketball either until they get done. Hopefully they'll have it done by June. The last playground was a huge wooden thing that was awesome. I would sit under the eaves on the park table bench and knit while they played and then I would chase them around in a mock game of tag. Then we would eat lunch outside and we'd go back to playing. I miss it. It was shaded enough that I could let them play outside for quite a long time before having to take them inside to cool off.. One good thing that I did this weekend was get my living room arranged into something that I'll think I'll keep for awhile because I really like it. Amanda came over on Saturday night while the hubby had duty and helped me do it. Through a process of...."maybe this...?" and "maybe that...?" we figured out what would work. Now I have a new couch that's not going to be in my living room because I decided on putting the old set back in. It's all good though because Amanda is going to teach me to sew and then I can make slipcovers for the seat cushions. It's comfy and kid friendly and I can't wait to get a rug in here so we can throw down some pillows for the kids to chill out on. Really important for those days that I have Amanda's kids because then there are four of them running around and you just want them to SIT. Now they will have a place to. Yeaaaaaa!!!!!

No comments: