Friday, March 9, 2007

Missing Home

I didn't knit today. I don't think I even thought about knitting today. I spent the whole day cleaning and searching my house for my camera. I still haven't found it. Maybe it fell into the Marianas Trench. I'm sure I'll find it soon.....perhaps...maybe...I hope.
Searching on ITunes also brought a great surprise. My hubby and I always enjoyed listening to NPR while we were living in the South. There was a guy who always told stories of his hometown and it always reminds me of my Grandpa and summers at my grandparents house. They now have APM: Prairie Home Companion...the stories that I loved so much. Like British comedies, Guam is also lacking NPR. Just little things that remind you of home. Sometimes it's really hard to be so far away from everyone that you grew up with and love. I think sometimes that Guam would be great if all my family were here and then there would be nothing to miss. Not true. I then think about the places that I grew up in, traveled to and enjoyed so much that I want my kids to visit those places and find the same warm childhood that I did in them. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. Everyone has those places. Nostaligia is a wonderful thing.

No comments: