Thursday, March 22, 2007

Knitting, knitting, knitting.....and thoughts on kids

I've been busy knitting and going to the doctor lately so I haven't posted in awhile. In the past week or so I have recieved another yarn package, this time from kyarns. I got two balls of Rowan Calmer in Tinkerbell and two skeins of KPPM, one of which I have been fashioning into a sock since yesterday. The two skeins of Koigu are different colors that I got as a sort of test to see if I like working with it and to see if I like the colors that I got. So far I can only rave that it's going to make excellent socks. I'm going to make one in each color and then I'll order the matching skeins to make matching socks. I can't wait to work with the Calmer, but for now it has to wait because I have my Create-A-Long project that I need to get a good start on before I can take on any more projects. The silk sweater is still coming along a few rows at a time and I'm hoping I can start on the sleeves soon. I have a few projects on hold until I can find my camera because I want to take some pictures of the before skeins and then have the project during construction and then later a pic of the finished project.
Besides that I've been sick and finally went to the doctor this week. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to have a blood test done (blahhhh!). It was one that you have to fast for, which is never good because if they have to dig for a vein, that and the combination of low blood sugar makes me feel sick and lightheaded. I never make it out of the lab without more then one hole punched in my arm (or hand or wrist). Yesterday was no exception....one in the arm and one in the top of each hand for a grand total of three! The last sight was in the hand and it blew at the last second so I had a painful burning bump on the top of my hand for a few hours. I prefer that over having to get a finger stick or getting my blood pressure taken anyday though.
Charlie has been busy watching Christmas movies all day. I find this amusing and my family will know why. I get the Christmas bug as soon as the weather starts getting warm and I used to spend a good majority of my summer vacation watching old Christmas home videos or Christmas movies. I haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit for a few years now. I've been in warm climates during Christmas and this year was no exception. Even watching the old movies just doesn't do it for me. This year was even worse because it was such a mad scramble to get the Christmas decorations out after we moved in and then it was 86 degrees Christmas Day.......just like it's 86 degrees everyday here. Not that it matters right now because there are nine months until December, but I found it amusing that my son has taken after me in that respect.
Charlie's going to be three soon and Lola is five which means she'll start school next year. They are growing so fast! The thought occured to me last night that soon she'll be six and then seven and she'll be practically a little lady and I had that panicked feeling that I just wanted her to stay little. But you can't stop them from growing and part of the fun of being a parent is getting to watch what kind of person they become as they get older. It's still kind of sad. A lot of women here are pregnant (they are at any base you go to) and even my friend Amanda is pregnant. I'll never have another baby.....the hubby took care of that. We agreed two was enough, but every once and awhile you get that baby fever. When I think about it beyond just holding a cute sleeping baby though, I'm glad we made the decision to have only two because kids are a lot of work (and strain on your sanity).

No comments: