Saturday, June 16, 2007

Welcome to Crazytown, next stop... Buffyverse

I've been blogging because I have no one to talk the ears off of. Another sleepless night, but at least the itching is going away and I'm sure I'll have no problem sleeping while we take the kids to see Surf's Up tomorrow. Crazytown placed me in the vicinity of Christmas town and I'm furiously making out my knitting itinerary for the Christmas season. What yarn I need for what project that I'm making for whom. Also while in a drug induced moment of inspiration last week I realized that the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer (of which I have all seasons except season 7..... I will have it soon.... oh yes, I will have it soon) has a vast array of sweaters that look absolutely fabulous. I probably never noticed this before because while on air I wasn't yet addicted to the knitting scene. I have already spotted several key sweaters that I think I will begin to design through close study, just as other people have done for Harry Potter and the like. Giles has several tweedy English style classics that would appeal to men, Willow's always sporting something artsy, and Buffy has the fashionable yet classic knits.......most of which are chunky and should knit up quickly and easily. There's one sweater in particular from the episode "Where the Wild Things Are" from season four. It's a chunky turtle neck in St st that has several lines of garter for interest. There is also a bright pink sweater (dubbed the cotton candy sweater by my thoughts) that is a boatneck, but then is a turtle neck and is very bright and pretty. There are also some white turtlenecked raglan sleeved sweaters that look very cozy as well. I shall begin work immediately and posts will follow soon. I'm focusing on Season 4 as of right now and will move on from there. I don't remember seeing many...... if any from the first season, but I'm sure there are and I'll get to those. Starting with season four will put the fashion more forward and keep us from horrid 90's fashion flashbacks, but if I find some nice classics I'll pass them along. Here's to you Joss Whedon and the clothing staff of the show that got me through the last year of high school and into the first year of my marriage. No one else that I knew watched Buffy or gave it a chance, but I could relate to the issues that she went through and that was Joss Whedon's goal. I'd say he did a fabulous job. I wonder if he'll ever come across this blog and if he does I hope that he likes that fact that I took an interest in something that other people might never have noticed. He probably doesn't care either way, but here's to Joss Whedon, Buffy and the Scoobies, knitting, the combination of all and steroids!

No comments: