Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bright Sunshiney Day

Tuesday I was itch free and most of Wednesday. Then the itching came back. So now I know that it's the medicine that they gave me for the infection because I take it once a week on Wednesday. It got worse until today.....or at least it hasn't been that bad today. Everything has cleared up though which is a really good thing because now my arms look like arms and not like a blotchy sore mess. Finally things are better and part of that may be from the fact that things are better. I'm sure the stress of the past two months has been helping my skin freak out.
My hubby and I celebrate our anniversary as soon as he gets back from this short cruise that they are on. We're planning on going to one of the Korean barbeques and Polynesian shows that they have at the hotels in Tumon. We've talked about it ever since we got here. Last year we went to the Melting Pot and that was a great time. We had fun talking and eating and enjoyed our evening without the kids. We are fortunate to have someone to watch the kids for us this year as well and might look into getting a hotel room so we can hit a club and drink a few before crashing for the night. There are several clubs down by the hotels as well so it's nothing to walk back to the hotel when you're done for the evening. The only other thing that I would want to do is eat at the Firefly. They have paella and I've been wanting to try some. I would really like to go to Spain and have some paella as well as hit a choclateria and have the thick melted chocolate that is their hot chocolate, but I won't be going to Spain anytime soon so I figure the Firefly would be a good place to try my first paella. Then there are all the Thai and Indian places that I'd like to try as well, but having never tried anything like that the question is where to begin when you enter a restaurant.
I need to buy new shirts. All of mine have holes in them. I found that this was because I was knitting socks. My US 1 needles poked little holes in the bottom of all my shirts. I thought the washing machine was doing this until I was knitting a sock the other day and I brought the knitting chest level and adjusted my yarn. While doing so I used my chest as leverage and wound up with a small hole poked into the chest of my shirt. I thought "wow, that looks familiar" and realization abounded.
I spent my sick time finishing my Create-Along and since spent the rest of my sick time knitting Lola another shirt with the remaining Tahki that I have and making hair scarves from the Kidsilk that I had originally planned for the dress for my Create-Along. I'll share those with the Create-Along blog as well since they are of my own design and are made with the required yarns. I also have some Calmer that would fit into that category as well as soon as I figure out what I want to make with it. So here's to knitting to keep yourself from scratching!

No comments: