Friday, June 22, 2007

Summerwear and Christmaswear

I'm still in the process of cataloging and picking which sweaters I'm going to recreate from the Buffyverse. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Willow has a yellow and orange mohair (or angora?) overlay that looks like it would be really neat to recreate. There were a lot more then I thought there were and I'm kind of in overwhelmed mode right now. Between that and making out my knitting Christmas list I'm up to my eyeballs in designs, yarn, needles, and lists. I'm also trying to work out how to knit and work out at the same time. If I work out as much as I knit I'll be as buff as..... well Buffy. I was also struck by inspiration. I've had a cone of a cotton/linen blend ribbon yarn and I had no idea what to do with it until I purchased the Summer issue of knit.1. There's a blouson knitted from the top down that looked like I could pull it off with this ribbon. That way I'll have a nice shirt for myself and get rid of this yarn that's been mocking me from the back corner of my knitting drawer.
To keep things simple I have decided that my mom and dad are the only ones getting big knit gifts this year. Everyone else will be getting hats, scarves or socks. As much as I would love to knit everyone a cardigan or sweater I just don't have the time or the money to do so.
I also have been thinking about what I want for my birthday. All knitting related of course. I'm quickly running out of all that yarn that I bought and I have so many projects that I want to get going and done. I also need new clothes. Not of the knitted variety but just your general everyday t-shirt. Don't know where to buy for them here though. Everything's so expensive and if I'm going to order off line I like to do so in one big shopping event so that I have minimal in the way of shipping. There are the local shops that I need to locate, but general wardrobe consists of long skirts and tees..... the local outfit of choice for women island wide. No MuMus! I have seen lots of them sold everywhere along with skirts and dresses which would be nice except in order to wear a skirt of any kind I need shorts underneath. For comfort and modesty purposes. I always feel like my butt is just hanging out in the wind whenever I wear a skirt. If I could find a pair of spankies with a little pocket that would be great. IDEA!!!!! Maybe I could knit some!!!. But first I need yarn and needles!
I dyed my hair. Just thought I would throw that in. Natural reddish blonde. I like it. I'm still getting used to it though. I haven't colored my hair in years and it shows. I'm going to have to redo it in a few weeks because I focused on my roots and should have used two bottles instead of one. The result is that it looks like my hair is growing back in natural reddish blonde. The ends are a little red, but there is a strip of hair (a horizontal strip) that is my original color. But I've been ponytailing it until I can fix it. It'll be okay. For the next dye job I'll focus more on the middle and ends and make sure that I have two bottles in case I need them. This will actually work to my advantage and keep me from getting hot roots. My hair has been growing like crazy and is back to the same length that is was before I cut four inches off of it about two months ago. ohhhh...... m&ms. I just found sitting next to me.

No comments: