Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hobbies

I found another hobby that I want to try. Well actually two. Kite boarding and scuba diving. I really want to learn to surf, but there's really only one good place to surf here and I'm sure they don't want a novice swimming up in there and ruining things. If I learn kite boarding though I have more places to learn without getting in other people's way AND when I go to learn surfing it'll be easier because I will have already learned balance on a board and built up the muscles needed. We're planning on San Diego as our next duty station and I'm hoping my sister is still into surfing because then she can maybe help me and we can surf together..... or kite board. I've been working out to build up the muscles needed for kite boarding so that it'll be easier and I'm planning on taking my first lessons in the "winter". Now if I can just figure out how to do all this and knit at the same time ;-)
I wish I could fix my elliptical machine. It works, but it makes a loud clacking noise that makes it annoying to use. While assembling it you have to have someone on each side tightening the handles at the same time with the same tension. Unless they're the same person they're not going to tighten with the same tension. My hubby, who can bench 300 lbs, is going to tighten a little tighter then myself, who can only bench 160lbs (I know.....impressive......I think.....how much can a normal woman bench?). Anyways, the point is, it's annoying and you can't use it early in the morning without waking the kids. Any mother will tell you they don't want their kids up when you're trying to get in exercise, a shower and breakfast made before they grace you with their wonderful energy.

No comments: