Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I have NO witty title

Hubby is due home sometime today and I'm excited. Not because I'll get to see him, but because I'll get a break. And because I'll get to see him, but moreso because the kids will get to see him. They've been asking all week "Where is daddy?" It's going to really get old hearing that quesion everyday when they go away for a few months.
I've spent the last few days looking at going to Japan. I think that it would be nice for us as a family to go around Thanksgiving or Christmas. That way we can experience the cold and it'll feel more like the holidays. This year we're going to try for Southern California. I keep promising my dad that I'll come and visit, but every turn to try to get there has been hampered. I was going to try to fly space available, but came across the problem of how to get back since they only fly out around San Francisco. I would have to be able to have cheap lodging until I could get a flight out. Then I found out that they want you to have enough money to be able to buy tickets back. Well the cost of a one way ticket from there to here costs just as much (actually more) then a round way ticket from here to Southern California. If I had $5000 I would just buy the tickets and save myself the hassle. This all seems highly ludicrous since it would have been cheaper if I had flown out to see him while I still lived in the states. And did you know that it costs just as much if not more to fly to Hawaii from here. It seems ridiculous. Flying to Japan is $400-$500 and flying to Bali (which is further) is $400. Where do they come up with these prices? I guess they charge more for where everyone wants to go. Bali is another place I would love to go....... as well as Hong Kong and mainland China. The China trip would have to be a long one so I could see everything that I've always wanted to see. There is so much that I was hoping to see, but it looks like money is going to get in the way of that. I guess I should be grateful that I've made it halfway around the world from where I started. I've always wanted to see the world.....different places and different faces. There's so much to learn. Then there's also New Zealand and Australia that I'm tempted to see while I'm here as well. First thing I need is a passport ;-)

No comments: