Monday, July 23, 2007

Miles to Go Before I Sleep....... Miles to Go Before I......

I feel like it should be October. I don't know why. Maybe because when we got here it felt like March and if you count the seven months that we've been here it adds up to, funny enough, October.That and I've been really cold here lately. For the past month or so I have been hot and sweating inside all the time (maybe it's hot flashes...... ha ha ha). But for the past two or three days I've been freezing my nubs off. My feet and hands are SO cold and all I can think to do is knit a stocking cap for my head out of the Rowan Calmer that I have. I thought about knitting socks from it, but I can't find all of my US 2 needles. I am so freakin' cold I have goosebumps up and down my arms and I'm wearing my Tink hoodie and flannel flamingo pants. By the way if anyone ever comes across a pair of pajama pants with a flamingo print please by a pair for me in XL because I love this pair, but I have had them for about 10 years now. I keep waiting for them to fall apart, but they have yet to show any signs of wear..... still it would be nice to have a backup pair. Don't you just love it when you have that piece of clothing that you just LOVE and it is so comfortable and if it ever gets a hole or becomes unwearable you will cry and mourn as if you had just lost a close friend? I sigh and think back to my Creeds tee, flannel shirt and cordouroy pants (I found those at the thrift store for $1.95 already broken in!!!).
Still plugging away on the blouson. I may be saying that everytime I blog until my first born leaves elementary school (starting Kindergarten this year). I started a stocking cap in the Rowan Calmer. I had to frog it though because I think I want to go with a smaller gauge and it was about five or ten sts shy of actually fitting my big head. I'm going to make that Alpaca Hoodie for my hubby that I found in Knitting With Balls as well as some socks for Christmas gifts unless people just don't want them. I'm not really that keen on socks........ until I knit myself a pair and I have to say that I wear them around the house just to lounge in and keep my toes warm. They are so comfortable that I completely changed my mindset towards socks. Can't wait to get cracking on my first Buffyverse sweater. I think I've set my mind to making the pink boat mock turtle neck because it was the first one that ever caught my eye and make me think "Wow, they really wear some neat sweater's on Buffy." Whatever..... anyways the point (besides the fact that I'm a dork with too much time on my hands...... at least I'm not inventing Calculus in my spare moments) is that I have a lot of knitting to try to squeeze into between getting Lola ready for her first year of school, putting Charlie into part time daycare, possibly getting a part time job or taking some classes, and being generally more active so that these don't become the last few years of my life in which I sat around and only knit 24/7.
A lot on my plate, but it'll be more interesting and fulfilling then sittin' around!

No comments: