Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm A Dork

Okay, all you family members out there can now leave comments. The reason you couldn't before is because it was set to allow only memebers of blogspot to do so. I had to change the setting to allow anyone to leave comments, hince the reason why doofus me took 4 months to figure that out (all the while sitting here wondering why no one was posting comments...... "Now why don't he write").
I wish I could continue the dork theme and say that I found my camera sitting out in the open on a table and that I had been looking at it everytime I passed it all this time, but no luck there. And if that were true I'd be seeing a neurologist and getting a CAT scan. I'm sure I will find it in the last place that I look..... hopefuly sometime before I give up and buy a new one.
Now I just have to figure out how to send a video to everyone via e-mail. I found some cute ones that I took using my digital camera (the one that the gnome's are holding for ransom). Watching them I realized how much my little girl has grown. There's a really funny one involving my son, his birthday cake and his fear of open flames.
I've been thinking a lot about my house and what I want to do with it and I think I'm going to be rearranging a few rooms. My hubby will finally get a room for himself. Actually it'll be a kind of everything room because the exercise equipment will be in there and I think the kids will be going in there to watch TV. Why do I even have a living room? I never use it or sit in it because it's just too open for me. Hubby says it's for when people come over, but no one ever comes over and would you really want them to? We have white couches and two toddlers so guess what, the white couches aren't really that white anymore. Speaking of which I found out today that Lola's teacher will be coming to our house before school starts. Well actually I already knew that, but I figured it was so that she could meet Lola on her turf so that she would feel more comfortable on the first day of school. Talking to the other parents though it seems that they do a thorough search of your house. What are they now, social services? That and over half of her school supply list is comprised of things that only the teacher is going to be using. Isn't that what we pay taxes for? This is a military DOD school. Shouldn't they provide all that stuff and keep their noses out of my life? I'll be darned if I let them have a tour of my upstairs. They can check out the downstairs, but that's it. No peaking in mine or my kid's rooms. In fact I'm really starting to consider home schooling. Once I buy everything on this school supply list I'll have enough to open my own school. I don't have anything to hide, but I don't like people snooping in my things, trying to find something wrong with the way I live my life and raise my children. It's bad enough that you can't even disipline your kids without wondering if someone's going to call social services on you. There's a reason why kids who only get time outs still get in trouble and a reason why most kids now a days have no respect for adults or other people....... because they don't know what consequences are. There are consequences for picking on someone bigger then you and in the real world it can get you hospitalized or killed. You have to have a healthy respect for these kinds of things. For my kids not doing what they're told gets them one swat on the leg or they get something taken away that they really like. Soon a swat on the leg will be illegal too. You shouldn't upset your kids or make them unhappy in any way is what we are generally saying and that's just crap because that's the real world. You can't do whatever you want to do and you can't have everything no matter how much you just believe in it. If you don't teach them that and prepare them so that they can fight through that and really accomplish their goals then there will be someone else out there that doesn't care about them or the law that will be more then happy to show them. And that never ends in sunshine and roses. I'll climb off my soapbox now.

2 comments:

burro said...

Why doesn't he write?
I like you.

SwetPMnkyGrl said...

LOL :-)
it's a movie reference to Dances With Wolves that popped into my head while I was blogging away.