Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sad, sadder, and saddest

The stress is getting to me. I don't think I can take it anymore and all I want to do is pack my bags and take my kids and myself back to the states. We still have no car and after recieving the part that we needed we had the mechanic come and pick up the car only to have him call us thirty minutes later to tell us it's the wrong part. Hubby goes on deployment in about a week and I can't take this anymore. Hubby printed out a pic of the part and took it to the mechanic to make sure it was the right part BEFORE we ordered the thing and the guy said that yes it was, but it gets here and it's the wrong part. I would take the car to someone else, but I doubt they would have better luck PLUS I would have to fork out $600 more dollars in labor.
To top it all off my hands are tied. I can't get a job because I need a car and child care, but I can't get a job or child care without a car AND unless I have a job I don't get priority for child care so I have to wait for a few months before they can even take my kids!!!! I was thinking with a job we would at least have a little more money so that we could get another car. I would be better off going back to the states because it's really hard to find a job here and all the used cars cost just as much as the new cars. At this point I want to buy new so that I know we won't have any major trouble with it for the duration of our stay here on island. And I want to get a Toyota because they have readily available Toyota parts because everyone here drives a freakin' Toyota! But I have no job and my hubby's credit is crap so neither of us can get a loan. I'm also weary about getting a loan. We probably could get one, but I still need a few more days of thinking about it before I can feel remotely okay with it. My hubby is not a financial wizard, but neither was I when we got married. I had to learn and while I'm still not able to make us millionares I have learned to keep us out of financial ruin. I would have liked to keep us out of debt, but have learned that I can't control my hubby's every move.......note the fact that his credit is once again mussed up.
Although I suppose things could be worse, but not really for someone raised with chronic stress. After so many years you just remain stressed......all the time. That's where I am at. I have come to realize that there is nothing really wrong with me physically......no diseases or anything......so it must be stress. I can believe that. It's not really surprising if you know my life. In fact if it was you, you would be stressed chronically too.....and probably insane at this point so I think I've done well for myself by keeping my sanity.......well, most of it at least. Now how do I relax and get rid of said stress so that it doesn't put me in an early grave?

No comments: