Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Car and Creativity

Still no solution to the car thing. I had to take a few days and just step away from it and leave it in the hands of the hubby. Too bad hubby is working all day everyday. And before anyone fusses " Quit your whining" I mean he works all day. He leaves here at five in the morning and gets home around 8, 9, 10, even 11 at night. Last night he didn't get home until 11pm and it seems that everyday they are keeping him later and later.......probably because they are. I was really mad last night and put the kids in the bed with me to sort of ban hubby from the bed, but when he got home I realized it's not his fault and he's just as unhappy as we are. He misses his kids and he goes on deployment in another week or so. We're getting a rental car and I'm hoping I'll be able to get down to the mechanic and get a good look at this part that needs to be ordered. The mechanic seems to be incapable of talking with a woman.....or maybe he can sense that I'm becoming semi-hostile towards him. I can't imagine why. I mean when I called to have him come pick up the car when we got the part he was so helpful.........(not really that's extreme sarcasm there).
I haven't told this story on this blog so let me tell it to you. I called to have him come and pick up the car because he told my hubby that he knew the clutch was on backwards and flipped sideways and that he would tow it to the garage and fix it once the part came. So when the part arrived (the one we found out later was the wrong part) I was very excited and called him to have him come and tow the car. "You'll have to have your husband call me and make arrangements to ahve the car towed here," is what he told me. I explained that my hubby was working long hours, six days a week and that I was calling to make arrangements and that it had already been discussed between him and my hubby that he would come and tow the car from our garage to his. He said that he never made that arrangement. Okay, well I'm calling now to make that arrangement. He said that was fine and he would come and tow the car, but that he still needed my hubby to call him because he would need directions to our house. Excuse me? I really wasn't even sure if I had heard him right, but I replied that I could give him directions. He reluctantly agreed and then proceeded to make up directions as I was giving them to him ( "take the first right into the neighborhood BEFORE the school"......... "turn left after the school"..........." No, turn right before the school"........"right, left before the school"........." NO......." ). So needless to say I was a little peeved after that phone call, but he came and got the car the next day and then proceeded to call us to tell us we had ordered the wrong part (or more like he had us order the wrong part). I called trying to find out the name of the part that we needed so that I could order it and all he could tell me was that " It's a bushing for the shifter.........well I call it a bushing" and then started in with the whole have your hubby call me so we can get the right part. Well obviously you two had trouble the first time so why don't you let me help you out this time because hubby leaves in a week and you won't have him to talk to and I really want my car before then, but that's not going to happen. We really don't have the money to tool around in a rental car and all this is ticking me off again so that's all I'm going to say about that.
Needless to say all this has kept me from starting on my create-a-long project which should have been done by now. Trust me I ahve tried to start it, but to no avail. I have started, gotten halfway done, and frogged it all because of severe mistakes at least five times now. I have not started knitting anything else. I was determined to get the silk sweater done before I started on the create-a-long, but I finished that awhile ago and have had no luck on the create-a-long. It's like I can't count the right number of stitches all of a sudden and I keep making stupid mistakes and all of it is turning out to be more stressful then relaxing. I'm thinking of ordering some yarn and knitting a simple Harry Potter scarf that I can wear to the movie, but I really don't want to start another project without at least getting this one going, but maybe doing something simpler will help me get going with this dress for the create-a-long.

No comments: