Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Home

Finally inspiration hit and I was able to get further along on my create-a-long then I have to date. I think part of it was committing to a design and not changing my mind. I'm hoping it'll turn out like I want......if not it'll be frogged.......again. I am the queen of TINK. Instead of KNIT I spend most of my time doing the opposite. Well I can say that I have four good inches done which is good since I have 288 sts in the round that I'm laboring away on. I have been able to do these four inches (two of which are lace) in the past two days. I think that's pretty good and if I keep at this pace I should have the skirt done by tomorrow or Friday I think. I have nothing else to do with no car. If we happen to get a vehicle then progress may be slowed.....just a bit.
On my computer I have a scenic picture. It's not the most beautiful picture, but it's a picture of my Grandma's front yard. It's the view from her front porch. Last night I had a dream that I was driving the road to her house. The road after you get off of I-95 is a thirty minute jaunt, but I can remember every part of it in extreme detail. So much so that it felt real. I woke up just as I was driving down the hill of her driveway and I could see her house and my Grandpa working in the front yard. I cried upon waking because the dream ended there. I cried because it felt so real, and I cried because I miss them. It's only been six months that we've been here, but we have two and a half more years here and it's looking less and less like we'll be able to fly all the way home and see the one's that I love in that time. Last place that we were stationed we lived only two hours away and I feel like I didn't visit as often as I should have. Sometimes you try, but life, money, cars.......they get in the way. My Grandma's house is my zen oasis because whenever I was there I was surrounded by family and there was nothing for me to worry about. Someone is always there to help take care of whatever problem you may have. Biscuits and gravy are comfort food. And your best friend is your cousin that lives next door......the one you had your summer adventures with. I miss home.

1 comment:

knitterchick said...

I found your blog from the Create-Along. I wanted to tell you that I participate in the Hugs From Home (ShipsProject.com) Will your husband be on any of the ships we knit for? I hope so, then you can take comfort in that there's plenty of us keeping you in our thoughts. If his ship isn't on our list, we can work to get our things to him.

Dawn (knitterchick@yahoo.com)