Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's About Confidence

I finished a baby hat today. It didn't take that long and has me wondering why the LYS hasn't received more of the little buggers. Maybe I'm just an overachiever? I'm going to make another one tomorrow out of the same yarn and then I might go buy some more yarn (gasp!) and knit a few more in cotton or a wool cotton blend. I'm wanting to try Rowan's Wool Cotton and this gives me a good excuse to buy just one skein and see how it knits up. In fact I'm looking at this as an opportunity to try several different yarns one skein at a time (Malabrigo..... I'm lookin' at you). The superwash wool that I picked up was Mission Falls and I have to say it is surprisingly soft. I'm seeing a sweater in my future. The alpaca is still sitting here as an art piece, although my son decided he wanted to knit a hat and pushed my needles through the center of pull ball and completely twisted everything up. I had to pull a few yards from the center and untangle the mess and wrap it around the outside (once I use up those yards the ball will truly be a center pull ball again). I had one moment of insanity where I considered rewinding the whole thing into a ball, but then came up with this brain saving solution.
I also found what has to be one of the best quotes of all time while looking around on other knit blogs.
"Most man chores just require the confidence to whack the crap out of something until it works."
Amen, sister.

No comments: