Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happiness..... Thy Name is Close Knit

I found the LYS!!!!! It's called Close Knit Knittery (aka the yellow house). I walked in with a huge smile and by the time I left I was still grinning like an idiot. On Tuesday nights they have a knit night so everyone was in there knitting together around a huge rustic wooden dining table. This place is the best yarn store I have ever been in. It's a house and it has a huge front porch with a swing and rocking chairs. There were so many colors of Cascade 220 on the walls I just wanted to stare at it for hours (really someone should photograph it and put it in a museum). It had yarn crammed into every crevice and the lady at the front counter, Dawn (? I stink at remembering names and honestly the woolen fumes were making me giddy with happiness), was the sweetest lady ever. She wound my 660 yd skein of alpaca (thank God!) and I bought an extra skein of Mission Falls Superwash wool to make a baby hat with since they collect them for the local hospitals. I don't really know what I'm going to make with this load of alpaca, but for now it's screaming wrap at me. It's so soft and beautiful. It's somewhere between a fingering and a DK weight (maybe more of a fingering) and is so soft and cozy feeling. It has autumn wear in every fiber of it's being. I'm also seeing a pair of fingerless gloves in this huge skein. Right now I'm just petting it......... repeatedly. I may just keep the ball as a pet.

No comments: