Friday, December 28, 2007

No time to say "Hello. Goodbye".......

I'm late (as always..... I excel in that area) sending all my Christmas gifts. I'm still cranking out sweaters for my Dad. The sweaters for Grandma and Co. were finished before Christmas, but I neglected to send them out, mainly because it involved going to the post office. I'm no good with standing in lines right now (being sick and all) and am trying to devise a plan to figure out how many stamps will be needed for this package. I don't think you can even do that anymore, but if all else fails I'll send hubby to the post office with the packages. The baby blanket is being revised. It's finished except for putting fleece on the back (obviously my weaving in technique leaves something to be desired). Once finished I couldn't stomach all the little tails left on the back and figured a piece of fleece will hide it all nicely with a blanket stitch and personalization to liven things up.
I'm thinking about getting yarn to make stockings for next year for the kids so that they can have special stockings that are all their own. After reading the dying techniques on Knitty I'm excited to give Kool-Aid a whirl. It'll make just the right colors. I'm frantically looking for the extra skein of bare DK that I have somewhere. I'm thinking about banging out a hat for my other nephew before sending out the package with the baby blanket. Still working like mad on the socks and trying to get them done before it's soooooooo past Christmas that they don't even qualify as Christmas gifts anymore (I think I may already be at that point). As soon as I'm done with all that I will start my gifts for next year. I'm going to have to if I want them done and shipped by Christmas. I suck. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.