Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Five Days and Counting

Bad, bad week. The sunburn that I complained about last post is still very very red and very very painful. I finally had to go to the doctor and get something a little stronger then extra strength Tylenol just in order to get some sleep. Finally it seems to be taking a turn towards getting better. My legs are fine and were fine two days after the bur, but my back is what hurts. It not only hurts, but I found myself shivering 24/7 for the first two days and wanting to puke. Sleep was impossible and finding any position that was semi comfortable was also impossible. Last night it looked as though it was starting to blister. Thanks to the pain meds I was able to actually put on a shirt and go out in public. As I was standing in line at the NEX it felt like my neck was sweating and I ran my hand around the perimeter of my neck and then up to just under my ear when I felt fluid running down my neck and chest. What the heck was my first reaction and I pulled my hand away to find it covered in what looked like water. I gave my hubby a purplexed look and he checked me over and informed me that I had burst thousands of tiny blisters all around my neck. Sweet. I shrugged. After all it looked like water. We went to lunch and I started getting tiny shooting pains....... like someone was sticking my back with tiny needles...... and then started feeling something running down my back. That didn't look like water and so far I have messed up four shirts today. Gross. But the pain seems to have ebbed since so the blisters forming seem to have been the extension of my pain. Bad news is I have to go out tomorrow and I'm hoping I will have stopped oozing by then, but I don't think it's going to happen. Ah well. My own fault for not using sunscreen on my back. May you all learn from my mistake. I have never had a sunburn this bad and never will again unless I throw myself into a fire. I have learned my lesson thank you very much. I hope you have learned my lesson too........ because it was not only gross, but extremely painful as well.
In other news, I have started the Architect Scarf from Welcome to the Knit Cafe (one of my favorite books!). My mom mailed some yarn that I bought before leaving the states and had left at her house. Five different colors, one skien each.......... what am I going to do with them? Then I realized they were the same colors as those used in the Architect Scarf. They are bolder colors, but same color palette. Perfect! I love working a scarf on size 11 needles. Scarves are just satisfying in the fact that they work up fast and you really only need one to last you the rest of your life (so if I make you a scarf it should be the only scarf that you ever use again for the rest of your life.......... woooohahahahahahhha). I'm also using the rest of the linen/ cotton tape that I have left after making the blouson and am making a short sleeved shrug. It's just like the blouson except open in the front and worked back and forth. I'm supposed to be making a diaper bag for Amanda, but fear has halted my progress. I realized I have just enough to make the bag and not enough for a swatch to felt to see how much it shrinks. I think I'll just have to get over it and make sure that it's 3-5 inches bigger then what I think will work and hope for the best. If it doesn't shrink down that much then she'll just have a little bigger bag, but if it does then it'll be just right. I hope.

No comments: