Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the 4th Day of Christmas........

Basketball season started today for the kids. Razorbacks and Badgers (and yes, we've seen the honey badger video on YouTube). Back to hardcore studying once Christmas has passed. The eldest will be starting in on book reports and having to read things that she doesn't want to read. The youngest will be upgrading to bigger numbers and carrying the 1. These are the only things that I'm concerned we may shed tears over. I think I've gotten a good start on the business. I'm ironing out what I'm going to be making and selling as well as starting to compile cost lists and so forth. May have an Etsy store up and running by the start of the New Year. My next goal is a table at the Flea Market on weekends. There are some higher class people who would swear to me that that is not the place that I want to sell my items because that's not the kind of crowd you want to be selling to. 'Cuse me? You never know when there might be a business man in the crowd looking to market someone. That and the lower class is just as entitled to having something handmade and wonderful as the upper and middle class are (..... if not more so in most cases). I just have to keep telling myself that I can do this. I'm so good at starting things....... not so good at finishing. I would like to finish this and see it through to the beginning of a lucrative living. I would be happy if it just brought in a little extra money until I can get that creative career as an animator for a hit tv kids show. Sorry...... went off on that dream again. There's the other one where we all tour the country going from craft show to craft show in a gypsy caravan (or Tumbleweed House) and my kids find themselves a niche in the craft and art world. I'm rambling now. This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep. The Christmas tree looks nice though. Love the lights, every year.

No comments: