Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Time to Say Hello, Goodbye......

Busy times. Now that Spring Break is upon us I have time to blog a little. And knit a little. No lie. I have hardly been able to knit since school started, but I finished one of my classes (it was a short session) so I'm hoping that I'll have a little more time on my hands. If my Art HIstory class study list is any indication though, that might just be a pipe dream. They seem to be getting longer and LONGER and more detailed with every quiz that we take. I skipped the last quiz because I didn't think there was any way that I could cram that much info into my brain and have it still be functioning. By the end of last week I was convinced that my brain was going to liquify and seep from my ears. I still have work that I need to get done before the break is over, but I'm putting it off and knitting in the hopes that I find the CALM again. I was able to bang out these cute hand warmers while school was in session. Now that I'm on break I've started a few pairs of socks and an afghan. I don't know what I was thinking, but I'm sure that I'll have more cast on before the week is out. The socks are just standard toe up socks that I'm making for my little boy (should be quick knits) and the afghan is the Entrelac Baby Blanket from More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It's being done up in a super chunky and super soft LionBrand yarn. I've got these bad boys on size 13 needles, which I've never used before this except once and that was to make something that was to be felted. I'm finding that I have trouble knitting big. I keep dropping my yarn and my hands and arms are aching like they never have before. But I am determined to finish this blanket and give it to my daughter, who will be overjoyed that I've knitted her a blanket at last. I've started it out with 5 triangles on the 1st tier so I'm sure that she'll be able to use it the rest of her life. How's that for longevity?!!! This blanket might be a lesson in longevity for us both. I found that it takes a whole skein to make one triangle. I only have 22 more to go. Woo hoo! Now that I'm thinking about it I might rip it out (again) and make it one triangle smaller (4*3 instead of 5*3).
Oh! And I've been working on this bad boy since Christmas. It's a clapotis, made with KnitPicks Imagination on US 3 needles so it's a cute skinny scarf. I've just started the decreases (since I just picked it up again last night after not working on it for almost two months) so I should have it done before my mom comes to visit and I'll actually have something to give her (it was supposed to be this and 12 tiny stockings as well as some tabi socks....... she always wants the tabi socks).

No comments: