Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gearing for the Ravelympics

I think I may have overdone it and I'm getting nervous. To update, I was invited to Ravelry (online knitting community) and soon after found that they are holding the Ravelympics (a knitting version of the Olympics). I chose three events, the Sock Put, Shawl Relay and the Bag and Tote Backstroke. I have a total of four projects, two socks, one hobo bag and a shawl. I'm still waiting for my yarn for the shawl and the bag, but I will be able to work on the socks while waiting and I'm crossing my fingers that the rest gets here before I finish them. The socks alone will take about a week. I'll be lucky if I finish.
I can not begin to explain how much I love this site (Ravelry). It allows me to see all the projects that I have on the needles, as well as my stash and connects me to knitters the world over. Something that's very important here in Guam since knitters are few and far between. I'm thinking of starting a knitting club. Some well placed flyers on base may bring all the hidden knitters out of the woodwork for a once a week group knitting session. For now though, I am focused on the Ravelympics. My arms are going to be burnin'.

No comments: