Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh Happy Days

I have been a busy little person since I last blogged. My hubby tore his ACL, MCL and messed up the meniscus in his knee. He is going to require surgery to have it all fixed. The good news in all this is that they'll take him off the ship and they may send us back to the states soon. It's also nice to have him home all the time...... sometimes. The biggest hurrah is that they have finally found out what is wrong with my skin. Three years of suffering may finally be over!!!! I have psoriasis. It was difficult to diagnose because the placement of it makes it look different. Lucky for me (I think), it broke out on my scalp and made itself very obvious. I'm grateful that it's not in any place that can really been seen, but that having been said it has been a real pain. A real annoying, frustrating, sometimes painful pain. Welcome to the auto immune disease club. Do I get a shirt? I'm taking things as they come and rolling with the punches.
In my knitting world (which has served to keep me from going insane as I was very itchy for a time and having something to occupy your hands with is very helpful) I have been working on another blanket. Originally I bought the yarn for a shirt, but after messing up an entire section I frogged it and decided that the color wasn't right for my mom. I debated about making a shawl out of it, but decided a blanket would cover better. It's a very simple blanket. It's all done in garter stitch . I started with CO 35 sts and knitting 33 rows. I then BO and picked up 35 sts on the left side of the square and knit 33 rows before binding off again and then picking up 70 sts along the left side (and so on and so forth). I'm on my third ball (I have twelve total) and I already have a substantially large square for a 4 ply being knit on US4 needles. I'm also still plugging away on a scarf, socks and I just recently started knitting Harry Potter's red sweater from the Charmed Knits book. So far, so good on everything

No comments: