Sunday, March 2, 2008

Welcome Salty Dog...... arrrrrrrh!


I got my yarn from PurlSoho! Yea for me! The Collinette sock yarn (Salty Dog) is a little darker then the picture, but I still like it and can't wait to have a pair of my own socks. I am also knitting the Jess Gansey using the Rowan cashsoft that I also got. I did a few gauge swatches using the recommended size needles, but it just didn't feel right so I went up one size.
It measured out 30 sts for 4" instead of 27 sts so I decided to go up one more needle size (US #4). Then after I finally got 280 sts onto a US #3 16 inch circular and got the edging done and ready for the US #4, I realized that I had knit all my gauge swatches flat instead of in the round. I wonder if that's going to make a difference? I know that it does, but I'm going to knit anyways and then measure (to make sure that it's not too far off).
The size that I'm knitting leaves zero to negative ease, but the next size up has a positive ease of more then five inches so hopefully a few extra stitches will help give the sweater the perfect ease. We shall see....... once I get about four inches into the sweater........ five years from now (so.....many....stitches).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.