Friday, April 30, 2010

The Hits Just Keep on Coming

Of all the things I had planned for my day yesterday, breaking my ankle was NOT one of them. Not only do I feel stupid for falling down the stairs (there were only two of them) and I cringe every time the picture of my ankle turned completely to the inside comes to mind; the knowledge that I was on my hands and knees on a sidewalk of a busy street with my butt facing traffic screaming curses at the top of my lungs makes it all that much worse. At least it gave me something to laugh about while waiting for the X-ray. Actually the jury's still out on whether or not it's actually broken. It may just be a horrible sprain (keeping fingers crossed because that's only two weeks of recovery time and the crutches and I are not getting along). I've sprained my ankle before and I don't remember screaming quite so much in pain. I would have rather have had another gall bladder attack or be in labor again because it was less painful then the pain that radiated off my ankle yesterday. Not to mention the fact that once I crawled to the stairs and got seated I thought I was going to puke from the pain. That's only happened once before and it required surgery to remove the offending gall bladder. It actually stopped hurting for a good twenty minutes as I went into shock, at which time I realized I had also skinned my knee (something I was completely unaware of until the pain in my ankle stopped). I am still in awe of the amount of pain caused and NEVER want to feel anything like that again, thank you very much.

No comments: