Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween and Disney


A few weeks ago my kids got their Halloween costumes and I let them try them on. Of course they have been begging me ever since to let them wear them. Charlie chose the Incredibles as his costume and Lola settled on Jasmine as her final choice. They both look cute, but Charlie looks especially cute in his. He runs around pretending that he's shooting beams from his hands and is ready to "rescue" mommy from the evil Serabi (our cat who is not as keen on the whole imagination thing).
Last week I broke down and cut off my hair. It was down past my shoulder blades, but it's so darn hot and humid here that it was impossible to do anything other then stick it in a ponytail. Actually a half ponytail where you pull it through only halfway so that the ends are still caught in the elastic. I was prepared to GI Jane my hair off in my own bathroom but the hubby said no to the idea so I found myself at the hair dressers. I got a layered bob that's just below my ears. Quite a bit shorter then it was and a shock for all the people here that have never seen me with short hair before. It caused quite a stir. At least it was the good kind. I got a lot of squeals and "Oh, it's sooooooooo cute. I'm going to do that with my hair." No, really. Please don't, thank you. I like the fact that I'm different then the rest of the mommy's that come to pick their kids up. Good thing they don't really have the stones to actually get their hair chopped off. Charlie got in my lap several times last week and said "I like your hair mommy. It's so pretty" as he would run his hands over my new short do.
Hubby left on a cruise last week to Japan. He was excited because they had told everyone that they would get liberty to site see around Tokyo. I've been wanting to go to Tokyo since we got out here. I figure since we're out here we might as well go because it'll never be cheaper. I always touted it as a good vacation for all of us because we could take the kids to Tokyo Disneyland. The hubby kept saying that he wasn't sure that he really wanted to go to Tokyo Disney because it's not the same as Disney World, but as soon as he was going to Tokyo with work all of a sudden he's excited and wanting to go to Disney. So much so that as soon as they got there the higher ups announced a whole load of drills and instruction time that would take up their liberty and so now the hubby's "really mad" that he's not going to get to go to Disney. What a turd. All this time he hasn't shown a bit of interest in all my talk of Disney in Tokyo but as soon as he gets to go he's talking all about it like it was the best idea HE ever had. I still love him though and figure that this will be a good opportunity because then when we all go then at least one of us will already be familiar with the way things are there.

No comments: