Friday, September 28, 2007

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words, But I'll Try To Keep it To Less Than That

I went out and bought a camera. I finally broke down and did it. I'm sure that I will find my other camera sometime later this week because that's how it goes. I have planned that if I find my other camera that my Hubby will inherit it so that he can take photos while he's out in Australia, Japan, Singapore, Russia, or any of these other places the ship takes him. I'm looking to get a new video camera for my next big purchase. I was just going to buy a new recharger (Hubby lost the one we had), but now they have all those video cameras that are digital where I can upload video straight from the camera AND you don't need DVDs or video tapes because it stores everything digitally. I need to try and get all my old home movies put onto one DVD (that's all I have for both of my kids...... 1 DVD worth) so that I can stop worrying about the enevitable destruction of the video tapes that will occur one day. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Anyways, back to the camera. So, photos will be posted sometime soon. In fact probably tomorrow since we are planning on going to Talofofo and that is a great oppourtunity for family photos as well as great scenic shots of Guam. Right now I just can't wait until my hubby gets home. The ship is in they just have to let him go (which probably will be right before I get ready to lay down for the night). I don't like this command and I don't know of anyone else on the ship that does either. I'm sure that the single sailor's enjoy it, but for those with families it has proven to be a living hell. They need more time off. Eighteen hour days, six days a week while in dock is just ridiculous AND when they get ready to go out to sea, my hubby has to leave a few days earlier to help them light off. While lighting off he's not allowed to come home so he's gone for a few days longer then everyone else's husband's. It stinks and then on top of that the last thing that he wants to do when he gets home is anything productive so he spends most of his time on the computer and not with the kids. I don't worry about myself, but the kids have not been able to spend good quality time with Daddy and that is sad. Sigh. Only a few more years and then we're out of here. I just keep telling myself that. Guam is great but the command........ not so much. Only a few more years..... only a few more years..... only a few more years...... there's no place like home.... there's no place like home.... there's no place like home.

No comments: